Subject: [Leica] Forget Prius, buy a bike
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 16:22:43 2007

R. Clayton McKee <leica@rcmckee.com> wrote:

> Today's challenge:  Carrying roughly 15 kilos of camera gear and a 4
> kilo tripod, start at my home in southwest Houston at noon (1), Go to
> Ft. Bend County Fairgrounds south of Rosenberg (44 km by freeway;
> shortest NON-freeway road I know of is closer to 60 km due to
> construction, as the nearest bridge across the Brazos River which
> permits non-motorized traffic is some ways north)

Obviously not an appropriate scenario for bicycle use.  Neither is pulling
a couple of horses in a trailer, tack, & feed for a week up US 50 from
Sacto to a backcountry campsite in the Lake Tahoe area.  I'll use a bike as
much as possible but it has its limits.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application