Subject: [Leica] PC Auper Angulon
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (weiljr)
Date: Tue Nov 20 11:15:53 2007

Len,
 you are right, that is some mark up, about 150% or so. It makes me wonder
if Schneider got left holding the bag and made more lenses than Leica could
sell and wanted to recoup their losses. I am assuming that Schneider made
this lens for Leica in the first place. Even if all you owned was a Leica
SLR and were enterprising, you could purchase the lens without a mount for
2264$US, which would be a difference of $1300 compared to the Leica R
version.  I am sure that you could come up with with a Leica R mount for
less than that. Yes, I am aware that there are different flange to film
distances for each camera, but I would not be surprised if Schneider thought
of that when they designed the lens in the first place.

Schneider even tells you in the instruction manual that you can change the
mounts with a size zero Phillips screwdriver.

It really does not make sense to buy the Leica R version of this lens new or
even used based on some of the prices I have seen for this lens (>2000$US).

Joe