Subject: [Leica] Lightzone and Lightroom comparison?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Nov 21 19:03:14 2007

> Anyone here used Lightzone and have any thoughts on how it compares
> to Lightroom?
>
> TIA

A friend  of mine on this list was very up on it and tried to get me to use
it when it was real cheap. I tried getting him to use Photoshop. I think I
won out I'm not sure.
Lightroom to me is as much about organizing your images as doing tonality
tweaking and seems very originated toward doing that in batch.
More organizing and editing than tweaking.

Lightzone seems to be for people who were put off by Photoshop and wanted
something more intuitive for image tweaking.

It seems real nifty but on the long run I'd ask myself.
"Where's my Photoshop?" and not wanting to be loosing any of my Photoshop
chops". That's a program I know is here for the long haul.

To me photography in the past decade is all about how good you are in
Photoshop. Me, I'm finding myself a tad lacking and I had a head start in
the 80's so that's pretty pitiful.

But the main thing about Lightzone is to me its:
Here today gone tomorrow software.
I DON'T WANT to like it!
The reason being the minute I find myself liking it IT WILL BE GONE.
Who's ever heard of  Lightcrafts?
Is it their goal to be bought out by Adobe?
I swore off buying software from non main stream companies for some holiday
I forgot what.
When ever I did they'd go under and with the next system upgrade I'd be
lucky if it would still work. I'd call them on the phone the owner would
pick up and I'd cry.

Tonight it is the "inflating of the balloons" night.
A new one on me.
Puts a new meaning on the word "Balloonist".
They wait till the moon is full than they break out the helium.
I'm afraid to go down their I was going to with my 28 1.4

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com