Subject: [Leica] IMG: Where the Flowers Are
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Nov 23 19:48:20 2007

Geoff (f/k/a Hoppy) wrote:

> Bob, the police(?) car is an interesting element. With the dome in the
> background, it calls to mind some kind of evil scientist's
> lair, almost Frankensteinian! Maybe I need more coffee,
> Cheers
> Geoff(hoppy)

Well, first let me say it was unusual to have a shot with just one
police car in it.  Washington is literally buzzing with police cars
nowadays.  Almost every agency seems to have its own police force and
fleet of cars.  Plus, there were several demonstrations going on the
weekend I was there, which seemed to add proportionately to the number
of cars with flashing lights and sirens.

Second, I'll say the more attractive side of the Botanical Gardens
building is the other side, but this is where the light was falling so
this is where I took the shot.

As to evil scientists in the dome, well, yes....it is under this dome
that both houses of the US Congress meet.  Now many might say the real
Frankenstein is in the White House at the other end of Pennsylvania
Avenue, but that is for discussion on the Forum, not here.

;-)

Regards,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] FS: Summicron 35/2, 90/2 and Viso2)