Subject: [Leica] IMGS - Below the National Gallery - Corrected URL
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 24 20:56:15 2007

Robert D. Baron offered:  "Oops."

>>>http://www.bobbaron.com/DC_Oct07/W_L1004200FullFrame.jpg<<<<<,

Holy Mackerel Bob,

The full frame is the picture man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Almost no need to crop!!!!!!!! If any, maybe a tiny bit off the left side.
But that's only an option to look at by covering the left side of the screen
with a piece of paper or your hand and moving it back and forth to determine
whether it's worth cropping or not.

It's far more story telling as you have it here! You add to the whole
feeling of where, people and obviously the little girls who actually stand
out much better and create a greater degree of meaning to the photograph and
their size.

And I bet you screwed around for some time trying to crop this to bring the
girls out more as I explained from looking at your cropped image. I still
stand by my earlier comments about the first posted cropped image. However
the earlier comments are meaningless when we see the full frame.

When in fact all you had to do was look carefully at the whole frame and not
just the little girls. Like I said, it possibly could, maybe, not for sure,
look hard but in the final moment not crop a smidgen off the left? ;-)  But
that's what photography is all about, decision making and cropping! :-) But
most important?......................   "FEELING!"   Not how it looks, but
how does it feel in your gut!

ted