Subject: [Leica] Some advice please
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 25 19:11:44 2007

Ken Carney offered: Brilliantly! :-)
Subject: RE: [Leica] Some advice please

>> Just don't let any "technical" photographer

friends critique...their evaluation will be limited by the length of their

nose and the strength of their loupe--they will never see the image!!<<<<<

Hi Ken,

Probably the absolute finest, if not the most brilliant description for the
"techie digital crowd" I have ever seen!!!! Love ya man, beauty! :-)

Quite simply put, there are technical folks who understand photography and
go out of their way to help and make the technical side clean, simple and
understandable for others. Most important? These kind of people see as
photographers and appreciate good photography as a photograph.

Then we have the type you are referring to. the over the top brain damaged
visually impaired "techie types" who can see noise, sorry I mean "digital
grain" from a hundred yards away! But can't see a beautiful photograph to
save their lives.

OK my usual rant about the over techie types who are far more concerned
about the techie stuff than the beauty of the photograph.

Brilliant description mon ami! :-) :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Some advice please)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Some advice please)