Subject: [Leica] Death of a tree - birth of a season
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon Nov 26 10:04:37 2007

Well, we plunked down our $5 for a Christmas tree permit and headed up to
the mountains with sap in our eye.  Not much snow this year, so it was
looking like an easy time to find that perfect tree.

Starting up the slope to look.

http://tinyurl.com/2uvvkj

Not much snow to brush off the trees to make your judgment.

http://tinyurl.com/2rrxcy

I'll spare the gory details of the kill, but after you have done the deed,
dragged the prey to the truck, you must tag the tree.

http://tinyurl.com/2q8vao

Secured for the ride home.

http://tinyurl.com/2ks7mm

But before we headed out, there was an unusual coating on the snow.  I
decided it was frost that had built up on the surface of the snow.  I had
never seen anything like that before, so had to take a few photos.

http://tinyurl.com/3crhy9

http://tinyurl.com/368yjx

http://tinyurl.com/3cst5o

The north fork of the Tieton river comes into Clear Lake just down the road
from where we were.  Last year it was snowing like crazy and there was over
a foot of new snow.  This year????

http://tinyurl.com/2nz4f7

http://tinyurl.com/2r6gb7    These two were Rebel XTi with 35-70 Vario Elmar

Well, it is a fine tree.  12.5 feet tall, but our ceiling is only 10.5 feet,
so some trimming will be in order when we put it up in a few days.

More photos to follow.

Comments welcome

Aram