Subject: [Leica] RAM in Laptop
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Nov 28 14:18:56 2007

My 4-year old Windows desktop at home has 2 GB RAM and runs Lightroom
and CS2 (I did not upgrade to CS3) just fine. I think its processor
is even slower than yours, 2 GHz, but with Photoshop, RAM is more
important anyway. So you should be fine. It does depend on how many
images you open at the same time, how many layers etc.

FWIW, my Powerbook G4, with a 1.5 GHz processor and 1.25 GB RAM, runs
Lightroom and CS2 just as fast as the Windows machine mentioned above.

Nathan