Subject: [Leica] Comp Obsolesence
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 10:21:14 2007

In a message dated 11/29/2007 9:08:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

I think  that as long as one does not follow Microsoft's upgrade path,
a  computer can easily last several years before it is  obsolete.

Nathan

------------------------------
Nathan,

I'm still using my 10 year old Dell. The most RAM it can hold  is 385MB. Yet
it runs PS 5, Publisher 3, and almost everything else I throw at  it. Its
450MhZ Pentium II is only slow when reading The Times online. The pages
change
gradually.

Since I buy a new comp every 10 years, I'll be in the market  for a 17" HP
laptop next month that runs the new Intel 45nm chipset.

I'll still be using my venerable Dell for making up  newsletters and doing
photo work.
I'll be using the HP laptop for online reading mostly and  to hide behind
when I sleep at meetings.

Best,
Bob

products.