Subject: [Leica] Somky and BOOMOO
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 1 18:31:55 2007

In a message dated 12/1/2007 6:03:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

The  short answer, avoiding the lengthy alphabet soup explanation, is,
yes, it will work. The SOMKY should work with all the collapsible
50s. I believe even the latest 50/2.8 will work as long as you  remove
the black plastic cover on the rear of the lens  unit.

John
I have a Somky and use it once in a while with the M3. My 2.8  50mm Elmar
locks into the Somky if you slide the M mount collar toward the front  of
the
lens. The lens bayonet prongs then engage the Somky mount.

The BOOMOO is a stand that uses the same mount system. I think  the head of
the f2 Summacron can be fitted with a collar that locks into the  BOOMOO. Of
course, the 50mm collapseable Elmar works with the BOOMOO. I reckon  the
BOOMOO
will work with the M8/9 as well.

Bob

products.