Subject: [Leica] Who for Repairs
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Thu Nov 29 19:35:28 2007

I've used DAG to do a complete CLA on both my old III vintage Leicas.  He
was very prompt, the work was excellent and all his communications clear and
to the point.  Very pleasant to work with and did more than I'd have
expected.  It was just like getting two brand new cameras for Christmas.
It's hard to believe that cameras older than I am can seem like brand new
gear.these do.   I also have three new digitals, D-Lux, C-Lux and V-Lux.
I'd send them to Leica while under warrantee.   After that I'd sure look to
DAG or the other independents. I think the new Digital gear will bring about
some challenges for the fine mechanical engineers like Sherry and DAG.
Only time can tell on the new gear.   Any pre M-8 I'd not think for a second
about using DAG.  Start off with a phone call.  Discuss your problem and
which camera you have that needs repair.  I'll bet that helps you make up
your mind.

Hope that helps.

Fred

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Who for Repairs)