Subject: [Leica] OT: Canon PowerShot SD870 IS
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Sat Dec 1 18:32:44 2007

Henning, the Ricoh Caplio VX100 ( a digital GR with zoom), starts at
24mm, has image stabilization, has a hotshoe and hence you can mount
the gorgeous Leica/CV/Zeiss optical viewfinders. It has a feature
named 'Step Zoom', which allows to zoom to 5 "standard" focal length
equivalents at only the touch of a command (24, 28, 35, 50 and 72mm).
Up to ca. 3 meters, I have found that the wide end of the zoom is
actually wider than expected, as it almost perfectly coincides with
the brightlines of the 21mm CV external viewfinder.  At the 35mm
equivalent position, it fits perfectly the angle of vision of a Leitz
SBLOO.
The camera has all of its command buttons and dials placed where one
expects them to be, and functions are performed the way one is used
to, when accustomed to larger, more serious, slr's and dslr's. Maybe
for this reason I have bought to my daughter a Canon SD900Ti , that
behaves like a P&S, with esoteric functions (ie face detect, lots and
lots of button sequences to perform trivial tasks, etc)and lots of
special effects with great appeal to teenagers....

ed

El 01/12/2007, a las 23:16, Henning Wulff escribi?: