Subject: [Leica] Size Matters
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 6 09:33:42 2007

Actually I don't care what size they are as long as they're worth printing
or collecting in a binder album! And for potential hanging some where in my
home! That is, if that's what the main plan is here? Or is it posting
photographs to be critiqued?

The other thing is, set a "this is the size to transmit!" period. Never mind
having  a half dozen transmit sizes that people have used for sending photos
to relatives.

Set a "SWAP-TEAM" criteria and that's what's used! By everyone while
maintaining consistency of quality!

However, the most important thing here is KISS!

Get a routine that allows a picture on my screen or anyone else's that's
ready to send -- click somewhere, wherever I'm told! And the damn picture
goes without a bunch of fiddling back and forth between 2 - 3 other
locations clicking. Only to find it's not where you thought it was going to
go.

To some degree we have too many cooks screwing up the broth with e-mails of
all kinds of systems and suggestions being used by different posters. I have
enough problems doing any of this picture posting remembering pixel and
photo physical size without re-reading several different e-mails trying to
follow what should be a simple transmit routine as in:.

"Click here ---- picture gone into the right location. Period."

It's beginning to look like a decision by committee and it never works!!!

Hoppy you put up the rules and everybody else shut-up and do what you're
told.

When we joined the LUG the instructions were simple.. "THIS IS HOW IT'S
DONE! PERIOD!" Not every Tom, Dick and Harry trying to rearrange the system.
Brian is the boss and we followed.

In the case of the "SWAP-TEAM" it's Hoppy! So Captain set yer course and
we'll all end up at the same destination with smiles!

Thank you,

ted