Subject: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Dec 9 11:19:20 2007

*****

>> and of course I really do agree Philippe,  and I am interested in
>> different manners of expression. I would never censor alternate
>> modes  of expression.  My point is that when you have something
>> really  important to say, it is independent of whether you carve it
>> on  stone ,or write it with a pencil...
>> Steve

***

> Independent? Not always Steve, but we're getting into "politics" and
> communication strategies there as it all depends on the audience you
> want your "message" to get across to.

"modes of expression" implies you have something to express...if there
is a message...it shouldn't be obscured by its packaging.

so what's my point ?...quite simple, perhaps somewhat naive...

understandable to me why some "cutting edge" photography is so
dependent on technique,

ie "bells and whistles"...

more packaging, the more likely it's hollow...

at the core, empty...

all show....

seems that on the other hand, when you have something really important
to say...

you say it directly/simply...

you want it to be easily understood...

no hocus pocus is needed, and only gets in the way...

that's all my friend,

Steve

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')