Subject: [Leica] PESO: Merry Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon Dec 10 11:27:01 2007

Yesterday I visited Reading PA's GoggleWorks, the city's recently opened
center for the arts.  There was a lot to see (and photograph), including
glassblowing exhibitions, jazz musicians playing, artists painting, dancers
dancing, and a Visit From Santa.  The Polish American Heritage Association
was sponsoring the visit from Santa, who was slated to sit in their special
Visitors Chair and greet kids of all ages.

So I showed up with my M2, ready for some snaps of kids with Santa.  No
Santa--but there was a long line of kids in the hall.  I asked one of the
ladies from the Association about Santa's estimated time of arrival, and she
said he was due fifteen minutes earlier.  They had the suit in the back, but
no Santa, and no word from his home.  I thought for a minute and said, "Give
me five minutes to suit up."

So the Polish American Heritage Association had their first gay Jewish
Santa.  All the kids were thrilled, and a few adults as well.  The lady on
my knee admitted to being naughty.

http://tinyurl.com/2j5nj9
M2, Summilux 50, Ilford XP2.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who was invited back for Santa duties next year, but chose an escape clause
instead.

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] PESO: Merry Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] PESO: Merry Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PESO: Merry Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy)