Subject: [Leica] feedback requested
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Dec 12 17:20:31 2007

G. Lotermoser wrote:
I've started a blog - because I have clients requesting this service
- I wanted to gain insight into the installation, use and usefulness
of the form.
====================

Off to a good start IMO.  Looks nice to me.  I've tried a time or two to do
a blog but never succeeded.  I think the main reason is that I never could
come up with a purpose for it.  I think maybe you should think about what
your purpose is too.  If it's for clients, then a lot of the art-speak and
theory won't go over well.  If it's for art geeks, that's different.  I
don't think it can be for all things and everyone.  I'd also include links
to other photo sites and like-minded bloggers.  Include enough photos to be
eye-catching but most heavy viewing should be via links.  Regarding the
ironworks photos, it would have been better IMO to have shown 1-2 shots and
then link to the full set.  Also, I agree with Walt that the opening line
shouldn't be a lofty philosophical statement.  Some people would find it
pretentious-sounding.  But I'm sure it will evolve into a solid product.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE