Subject: [Leica] Consensus (? on LUG) on IR filters on M8
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 13 15:42:43 2007

At 05:50 PM 12/13/2007, you wrote:
>  I tried to workaround not using the filters and it was a big headache,
>lots of photoshop time and the results weren't really something I felt good
>about giving a client.
>
>Leo

One workaround, if you really want to avoid using filters, is to make
a profile of the M8 using a color chart and this free
download:  http://fors.net/chromoholics/

I gave a talk on this at the Leica Seminar in MA.  You can load the
profile into Lightroom or ACR and, when you import the photos from
the M8, apply the profile.  It makes huge corrections to the green
channel (opposite of magenta) and gives you a great start for
adjusting the color.  I use the M8 profile most of the time and
really don't have many problems with the magenta cast - only for
black polyester!!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI