Subject: [Leica] Indian music examples
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Dec 14 09:38:11 2007

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
Was it K.V.Narayanaswamy? If so yes, he was a major figure in Carnatic
music, and he died in 2002. As an aside, he sang at my parents' wedding in
1948...In our tradition in South India there is always live music with the
reception at weddings, though that is changing nowadays:

I'm not really sure.  I was going from memory of a record I bought in ca
1970.  When I tried to track it down on Google I came across this web site:
http://tinyurl.com/2tx2qz

That's where I got the NV Narayanaswamy name.  I will contact you offlist
and maybe we can figure it out together.  I may still have the Nonesuch
label vinyl but it would be packed away somewhere.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE