Subject: [Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri Dec 14 10:15:00 2007

The answer is maybe.  Different battery types have different charging
characteristics and the chargers are designed to work with the
batteries they are intended to be used with.  An general purpose RS
charger might work or it might not where "work" in this case means
charge the battery fully without damaging it.

I just a quick look at the RS website and saw nothing that came close
to 8.7 V at 1.4a, so I think you're out of luck unless I missed the
one you're thinking of.

That'll be $16.67, please, for 2 minutes at my usual hourly
rate.     :-)

Regards,

Dick