Subject: [Leica] Sensor Size visual chart
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Dec 14 20:50:55 2007

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/SensorSizes.png

I've had plans to draw this up myself by Wiki did it for me.
Its good to see this stuff.

Print it out!

Also very good to absorb is the mm2's of each format.

Why I looked it up is I was checkout out the "Leica" V lux camera which is
gorgeous but has  ridiculously tiny  1/1.8" inch sensor which would be great
for a credit card camera.
38 mm2's. Square millimeters that's supposed to mean.

4/3's is 225 mm2's
APS-C is  379 mm2's
35mm full frame is 864 mm2's
Medium format  in this example is 1977 mm2's

Maybe the formats should be named after your fingernails.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Sensor Size visual chart)