Subject: [Leica] OT: Contax help needed
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat Dec 15 23:30:48 2007

The RX was my favorite Contax body.  Unfortunately, I bought into the hype
and
traded the RX for the  AX and that proved to be a dog if there ever was one.

Great idea, but only Mamiya made it work effectively with the original
Mamiya
Six RF.  I had the AX for 23 days until it just gave up (new camera) the
night before I was supposed to shoot the Seattle area nurses of Pearl Harbor
on the 50th anniversary of the attack.  Anyways, the RX was a great body
which I look back on as a manual focus Nikon F4, but quieter.  Just a great
camera, super solid build and amazing lenses, of course.  There's no plastic
there, all glass & metal.  Heavy as a tank!
Enjoy!
PhilFo