Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mandarin translation?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 20 12:51:44 2007

At 03:42 PM 12/20/2007, you wrote:
>The part in blue is the name of a company, something like - China
>Steel Corp. The parts in red are advertising slogans. I don't read
>simplified characters well so I won't attempt to translate it unless
>you really want it and no one else steps up (I will need to consult
>my dictionaries). Nice photo. The 3 gorges Dam now is turning into a
>big environmental disaster as many have predicted :-(

Thanks, Richard.  That's good enough.  I was looking for photos to
illustrate the disaster and hoped those signs might say something
about it, but I should have known they would only be an
advertisement.  The government does have some signs up praising the
virtues of the dam but not here.  I do have lots more photos of the
dam and flooding, though, which are selling well as stock.  I feel
sorry for all of the people that were displaced by the flooding and
hope it doesn't turn into even more of a disaster if the dam
eventually fails as some engineers are predicting!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com