Subject: [Leica] COMPLETELY OT and silly : Why men don't write advice columns
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Dec 20 12:53:22 2007

Hilarious.....

Vick

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
Philippe Amard
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:29 PM
To: Leica Users Group; liste leica reflex
Subject: [Leica] COMPLETELY OT and silly : Why men don't write advice
columns

Dear Walter
Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Mrs. Sheila X

-----------
 Dear Sheila:

An M8's display going astray after a camera being stored for to long a
period of time can be caused by a variety of faults with the camera.
Start by checking that there is no debris on the sensor. If it is clear,
check the software version and update to the latest one, using the Mac
version for virus safety.
The battery might also be an issue. Have you checked it on another body?
If not, let it run dry and charge it to the full before anything else.
If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the camera
itself is faulty, causing the display to show erroneous values even if the
camera still looks fine.
A mighty CLA should in that case solve it all, but don't expect it to be a
swift move as it requires lots of careful and lengthy attention from
dedicated and expert people who can only communicate, mind you they're
clever and educated, in German.
I hope this helps.

Walter

ps just reread this. actually i think walter has a point.
phx

pps: David and Brian - you may unsubscribe me if this adaptation is too
much, I won't complain, I knew it was silly, and had warned you. Season
greetings all the same to all. ;-)