Subject: [Leica] musings on Lightroom
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Dec 23 05:27:13 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 8:17 PM, Tina Manley <images@comporium.net> wrote:

> enlarging I still do in PSCS3, too.  I'm also still using iView Media
> Pro for cataloging.  I just don't trust the Lightroom catalogs yet
> and can never find them when I need them.  Lightroom is great for
> editing, assigning ranks, adjusting white balance and tones -
> everything I need to do before I bring only the selected photos into
> PSCS3 for final processing - so it does save me tons of time.  I've
> asked on the Lightroom forums that future upgrades give us the choice
> of whether we want keywords alphabetized or not.  I'm hoping they'll
> continue to improve it.

I've simply decided that I am going to like Lightroom (I do use
LightZone as well for editing. They work well together since LightZone
doesn't do any cataloging worth mentioning.

The library has always been easy to find and work with. I've followed
Wade's initial advice and dedicate an external drive to the Lightroom
library. It makes it easy to duplicate onto another drive for backups.

I just bought a book for myself to read on the couch over the holidays.

Daniel

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] musings on Lightroom)