Subject: [Leica] On this day....
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Tue Dec 25 03:42:52 2007

To all my list friends:

On this day, the parish I serve will host it's annual Joy of
Christmas dinner.  With our friends from the Jewish Federation, we
will prepare and serve some 400 meals, hosted in our Parish Hall, and
delivered to the homebound.

I hope all of you will find the time this day to share a meal with
your communities of faith and family, with the lonely and fearful.

May there be light and peace for us all.

And, another gift for you all, a poem from D. H. Lawrence:

-------------------
Demiurge

They say that reality exists only in the spirit
that corporal existence is a kind of death
that pure being is bodiless
that the idea of the form precedes the form substantial.

But what nonsense it is!
as if any Mind could have imagined a lobster
dozing in the under-deeps, then reaching out a savage and iron
             claw!

Even the mind of God can only imagine
those things that have become themselves:
bodies and presences, here and now, creatures with a foothold in
             creation
even if it is only a lobster on tip-toe.

Religion knows better than philosophy.
Religion knows that Jesus was never Jesus
till he was born from a womb, and ate soup and bread
and grew up, and became, in the wonder of creation, Jesus,
with a body and with needs, and a lovely spirit.

D. H. Lawrence

The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Home Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/