Subject: [Leica] Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA)
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat Dec 29 16:51:32 2007

The usual standard for competitions and organizations used to be that
a pro was someone who made more than half of their income from
shooting or usage sales of their own work.  I don't know if that's
still the case, what with the collapse in fees and markets.  An awful
lot of people have had to find other income streams to compensate for
the economic realities, and probably many if not most of those now
derive a lot more money from those other things than they do from
shooting.  Several of the guys I once considered the epitome of
professional photography are now making most of their money as
teachers or lecturers or 'motivational speakers'.

Quoth the Frank Filippone :

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com