Subject: [Leica] Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA)
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Sun Dec 30 07:34:39 2007

I remember that. I think there are three levels, and one can only do
the work assigned within that level. The guys who are "winners" are
most often from the outside.
s.d.

On Dec 30, 2007, at 3:50 AM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

In Germany, only photographers who have learned (and passed their
exams) in photography in an apprenticeship are allowed to call
themselves "Fotograf" as a profession.
If you haven't, you have to call yourself an imagist, photographic
designer, image processor or similar to be able to sell anything
without getting trouble from the  photographers' guild - a real
closed shop system.
Douglas