Subject: [Leica] More on Blurb books
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Dec 31 10:06:20 2007

I was just reading this week that the large format art photographer Stephen
Shore has been working with self-published books as editioned sets to be
sold in the art market.  He uses an ordinary consumer digicam (don't know
which one) .  The books are print-on-demand (not necessarily Blurb) made in
editions of 20, and each book is shot in one day to give a thematic
continuity to the set.  I'm assuming he's going for something really high
quality since he comes from an 8x10 background and is a well-established
artist.  I think print-on-demand is going to really change the way a lot of
people work.  I'm already working on a second book for the gallery I worked
with for the "Shoe Two" book on Nathan's list.  We're just now trying to
come up with a concept to extend what we have done before.  "Shoe Two" has
only sold <50 copies that I know of but it's giving us ideas.  One woman
bought 10 for Christmas gifts to friends.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] More on Blurb books)