Subject: [Leica] Thumbs down for Lens Pen!
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Tue Jan 1 05:56:48 2008

I had a oily fingerprint in the rear element of my
28mm Contax G2 lens. A microfibre cloth didn't work.
Breathing on it didn't work either. Distilled water
just moved the print around. I ordered the lens pen,
and it also just shifted the oil around. So I
researched several days and decided to give windex and
a soft nose tissue a try.  Believe it or not, it
worked the best! I'm being very careful, so I've
waited till morning to evaluate the result, but my
result looked good last night.

I'd be afraid to use this on a single coated 50's
lens, but it seems to work nice on modern coated
lenses.

Anyone use Windex before?

Thanks,
G Medina