Subject: [Leica] IMG: 4 more from Guatemala
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed Jan 2 08:56:21 2008

Quoth the Tina Manley :

> PESO:
>
> I'm still going back through old slides and scanning them.  All of
> the originals are Kodachromes taken with either the R6.2 or M6.

> Comments and criticisms greatly appreciated.

I think your skill and your subjects deserve better.

I don't know what the commercial market needs or wants, though like
you I may have to find out sooner than I'd like. Ugh.

But purely from a visual perspective, if you want to use that
autochrome filter, and your therapist can't help you with the
problem... drop the saturation about 35% or so and you'll get the
turn of the last century National Geographic look.  Or take it a few
steps further and you might be able to get a hand-tint feel out of
it.  Who knows?  It might be popular again; we're certainly forward
into the past on any number of other fronts....

(Personally I can't stand the damn thing at all, but then I spent
part of yesterday trying to talk myself out of buying a pinhole setup
(my own version of "forward into the past," along with binding my own
journals)  and I've never claimed to actually understand anything
much of the marketing world except how to avoid it.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: 4 more from Guatemala)