Subject: [Leica] Screwed by KEH / lookikng for an alternative
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Jan 2 11:50:58 2008

I spoke to someone at KEH last year who confirmed that the web orders are
almost an afterthought. Phone orders always get first priority, so something
can get sold out from under you if they don't get back to the web order list
for a day or two.

Just about every place has something good about it and something bad about
it. Kevin Cameras has an enormous selection, but his prices are super-high,
and I have seen him selling the exact same item in multiple auctions on ebay
(simultaneously).

http://www.ritzcam.com/

Sandy Ritz is a good guy.

I've also had good experiences with George Ury.
http://www.georgeury.com/

I've never had a bad experience with KEH (and I have probably bought 50
items from them), so don't write them off *too* quickly. Just use the phone
instead of ordering on the web.

Jeffery

--
Jeffery L. Smith