Subject: [Leica] Thumbs down for Lens Pen! ----tried and proven method
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed Jan 2 15:01:41 2008

Whoa! Butane is gas used in pressurized lighters.

A Zippo, with its open-end felt-wick reservior, cannot
even be loaded with Butane; it takes Naphtha, which is
also used as a spot remover on clothes.

I haven't tried Naphtha on a lens, and wouldn't, given
all the commercial lens cleaners out there. Acetone
also seems to be a more aggressive solvent than is
called for, but carefully applied should be OK for a
one-off situation. Maybe pure de-natured alcohol is
more appropriate as a mild degreasing agent. (test on
an out-of-the-way corner).

I've been using something called 'Liquid Fusion' I got
from Freestyle with Kodak lens tissues and have been
happy with it.