Subject: [Leica] The Leica M8 will have company says Mason Resnick
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 3 16:53:37 2008

I didn't know we didn't have company but strictly speaking a new rangefinder
digital camera body is going to say Leica M8 on it.

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?article=010208&op=academy_new
Mason Resnick predicts.

Digital Picture frames ill out sell digital cameras
6. Kodak will be saved by its new sensor
.... But more to the point:

" Sigma will likely introduce its long-awaited DP1, with a 14MP Foveon
full-frame sensor "
That's 1.7 crop rangefinder cameras where the term he's using "full frame" I
cant future out but its close enough to 1.5 for me to be highly useable,

He thinks Cosina will come out with a digital body for m with this full
frame 14MP Foveon full-frame sensor in it.
Full 1.7 crop frame I still don't get it.
Does he mean bigger than 4/3's then I get it. Almost.

Here's what DP says about it  I'll read that now.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0703/07030807sigmadp1.asp
Sigma knows how to design a dangerous looking camera body I love it!

THE FIRST DIGITAL CAMREA EVER MADE kind of look to it.
Digital Retro.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] KC imitator?)