Subject: [Leica] American Cemetery
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 5 16:20:54 2008

Hi Sonny,

A beautiful series and just the right light conditions.

I worked on a series for a few years but I was always looking for the words
engraved in the head stone as many are quite funny and or story telling.

One I remember was. "All things considered I'd rather be in Spencerville!"
This was a small town south of Ottawa where the interred was from.

The older the burial ground usually the better the pictures, not always, but
most. Particularly when you find one way off the beaten path and it's a
hundred or more years old.

The old hand carved wooden head boards are quite beautifully done even
though severely weather beaten, quite often the wood grain stands out as an
added feature.

ted