Subject: [Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sat Jan 5 17:27:25 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, a whole buncha people had a whole lot to say about
this snap of mine, and its second place position in the December
contest.  Brian kicked off with:

> Message: 13
> Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:17:22 -0800
> From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>

>> Somehow though the nature of  "contest" dampens comment and
>> discussion of entries, both before and after results are announced.
>
> OK, I'll bite.
>
> About this picture, which took second prize:
>
> http://contest.leica-users.org/main.php/v/0712/McfR-1_5.jpg.html
>
> I find it to be muddy and diffuse. The subject matter is indeed
> compelling, but the photograph just doesn't grab me. The patient's
> skin tones are almost the same color as the wall behind him, and
> the clutter distracts me.
>
> Some of the judges are subscribed to the LUG; some are not. If you
> are a judge and you are tempted to reply to my comment please take
> care not to reveal yourself.
>
> Brian Reid

Man, do I have a lot to say to a lot of people; I hope to grab a free
hour sometime in the next coupla days and tell you what I really think.

Is there a length restriction for posts to this group??

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from von-ohlen at sbcglobal.net (Bill Larsen) ([Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results)