Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Jan 13 11:01:15 2008

If I'm reading both you and Ted correctly, Tarek, you're arguing about
quantum mechanics rather than about photography.

I would agree with virtually everything you write here - although I do think
there are times when people are truly unaware of a photographer's presence.
The real issue, I would suggest, is not whether someone is "aware" of your
presence on a metaphysical level, but whether that awareness alters their
behavior. And both you and Ted - and I - see to agree that, if one is doing
his or her job correctly, it does not. So the awareness is really
irrelevant.

Best,
B. D.