Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jan 13 11:20:03 2008

Well, I am 47, so certainly beyond the target audience of hip-hop.
But I am not too old to remember when I was a teenager and punk came
onto the scene and I was trying to convince my parents that this was
an equally valid form of musical expression as what they were used
to. Today, I try to listen to the stuff my son buys on iTunes, and
some of it I like (e.g. Arctic Monkeys) and some I don't. But I try
to keep an open mind. My only criteria are that I want bands who
actually play instruments and/or write songs. Last year Kyle
introduced me to Dresden Dolls, who are now one of my favorite bands.

I think that punk, rap and hip-hop are the most interesting forms of
popular music during my adult lifetime so far, simply because they
are new and original. You don't have to like everything, and I still
think that the golden age of rock was between 1965 and 1980, but I do
appreciate new things.

Nathan