Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Past- Bridgehampton Trans-Am 1970
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 12:35:03 2008

Swede Savage (Barracuda) leads eventual winner Mark Donahue (Javelin)
through the first turn at Bridgehampton  during the June 1970 Trans-Am
race. Sadly,
the drivers, the cars, and the racetrack are no longer with us. In  this
picture, only Jim Hall, following in his Chaparral Camaro remains.

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Auto_Racing_1970s/1970+Bridgeh
ampton+TA+1.jpg.html_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Auto_Racing_1970s/1970+Bridgehampton+TA+1.jpg.html)

This was the last major race run on the Bridgehampton circuit, which has
long since been converted to a golf course, though it retains parts of the
original track.

Parnelli Jones finished third in his Bud Moore factory Mustang #15.   George
Follmer was second in the #16 car.  Donahue's victory was the first  for
American Motors in a major series.

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Auto_Racing_1970s/1970+Bridgeh
ampton+TA+2.jpg.html_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Auto_Racing_1970s/1970+Bridgehampton+TA+2.jpg.html)

Photos were taken in my pre-Leica days, with (I think) a Miranda Sensorex
and a 105 mm Auto-Miranda lens.

Best Regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA