Subject: [Leica] FW: Leica M8 warning
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Jan 14 17:23:43 2008

Oh crap, I was afraid that you had meant "the lugs themselves had fallen
off".

On a Leica classical M, these lugs are rivets, and held by actually
deforming the lugs like a rivet.  On a classical Nikon F, they are held
by set screws.

On a Leica M, I've rarely seen them loose, although I have seen them loose.

On an electronic camera like the M8, I shudder to think what is
happening with three metal screws bouncing around.  Eventually, wouldn't
they touch something that they aren't supposed to, and fry the
electronics?  I would think a trip to NJ or Solms is in order.

...Vick

Replies: Reply from johnfranchi at msn.com (john franchi) ([Leica] M3 needs tune up)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] FW: Leica M8 warning)