Subject: [Leica] IMG : 23-10-07 / 23-10-08, Toilets
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed Jan 16 06:39:13 2008

Ted,

It was a great idea, just waiting for the Internet:

http://www.urinal.net/

My favorite is the Madonna Inn at San Luis Obispo, CA--the urinal there is a
replica of Niagara Falls, and works on a photo sensor (as you approach, the
falls commence).

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA

Ted Grant Writes:

Bon jour Matthieu.

Welcome to the LUG and the Crazy House of the worlds most likeable
photographers. :-) Of course the most talented. ;-)

Your toilet series is a wonderful concept if you make it a world wide
coverage. I've only seen one booklet ever done in this fashion, so I'm sure
I'm sure there will be a large demand for a good book or exhibition if you
continue.

In1983 we started to work on a similar project in Canada to continue to many
countries as we had traveled all over the world and seen urinals. So we
figured it would make a great book. Title.. "Urinals of the World." But it
died on the publishers desk because 'SHE DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING HUMOUROUS NOR
INTERESTING!" Women publishers with no imagination in a men's toilet. :-(
Your concept of men and women maybe the answer.

Good luck and keep at it because it's a never ending series of photographs
that will amaze people.

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG : 23-10-07 / 23-10-08, Toilets)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG : 23-10-07 / 23-10-08, Toilets)