Subject: [Leica] The Tele elmarit 135 Is So A Real Pooch of a Lens
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jan 17 03:42:10 2008

Sir Buzz of Belmont is a close friend of mine, but we part company at the
kennel door:

While the 135 Elmarit is indeed big and bulky, I've always thought of it as
a reasonably good lens, and as the only way to sensibly attempt to shoot
longish glass on an M. It may not be the equivalent of some modern Leica
asph glass, but a look at the blow up of this lovely shot really should lay
to rest any claim that the TE eats dog food.

Sorry, Buzz. :-)
B. D.