Subject: [Leica] [IMG] PAW 40 - An acient trackway
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Jan 18 21:19:45 2008

For maximum sharpness in an online gallery, determine the exact size to
which the gallery software will rescale your picture. For example, the
picture to which you referred us (and about which you are asking this
question) is 471 x 640 pixels.

In Photoshop, on your computer, scale your image to an integer multiple of
that size. This means that it should be
        471 x  640
or      942 x 1280
or    1413 x 1920

Then upload it to the gallery. You'll be startled by how much sharper it
looks.

For maximum sharpness, convert with Photoshop to the exact size that it will
have on the screen, which in the case of this image is 471 x 640.

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] [IMG] PAW 40 - An acient trackway)