Subject: [Leica] IMG:Snow on Tree
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun Jan 20 09:11:54 2008

Alan--

What a fabulous subject for a B&W picture!

I like 13 much better--the framing of the tree is better, in that the
tree in 40A is offset and loses a lot of the right-hand branch. In
addition, the play of light and shadow on the trunk, as well as the
positiions of the three parts of the tree after the trunk splits, are
much more pleasing in 13. 40A doesn't gain enough--perhaps nothing at
all--from the fact that the branches are clearly delineated against
the sky. This picture I think is all about the trunk. 13's a keeper
that wants a carefully made big print!

--howard