Subject: [Leica] [img] is this light too soft?
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Jan 20 12:39:59 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> I'm thinking of doing a series of studio portraits of "heroes" --
> doctors, firefighters, police -- people who for one reason or
> another put their lives at risk to protect others.
>
> i'd like to have a sort of "standard" portrait lighting for all of
> them, and was kicking around the 63 inch photek softlighter II as
> big enough and soft enough (and easy enough to set up) -- but
> looking at last nights tests on trillian:
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/trill-sb1.jpg
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/trill-sb3.jpg

hi kyle...

I would ask you kindly to consider...go where they are, where they are
heroes, photograph them in their home environment, in the real light
in which they function...

in a studio, in artificial lighting...they may just look,
well...artificial...

then they could be just about anyone...

they are heroes, not models...

my thought anyway...