Subject: [Leica] What to use for concert photography?
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 18:08:01 2008

Well, the short "fiddle" I had with the E3 it was pretty quiet. At least as
quiet as the M8, so that should not be an issue. ISO 1600 is too much for
the M8 really and I would be surprized if it were "great" on the E3. Helen's
510 is good up to 800, and the M8 is good up to 400, so you will need at
least an extra stop with the M8: and with IS, perhaps you can get away with
800 really on the E3. You could go with "film"!!!!! and an M6 --- that would
be novel ;-)

DMR is noisier and only really handles up to ISO 400 with a Herr "push".

Sounds like the E3 is almost "in-hand", so give it a go and let us know ;-)

Cheers