Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 sighting now how many retinas equal a busch
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Jan 23 11:57:40 2008

My finest surprise lens hack occurred when I put my 50mm Mamiya-Sekor
from my Universal kit on my 4x5 Toyo. It covered the 4x5 frame, when
focused for table top work, with only slight vignetting and lack of
sharpness in the very corners. Sharp as a tack across most of the
frame; and depth of field to die for. Here's a 40x60 print of a
catalog cover shot with this lens on 4x5 chrome:
  <http://www.imagist.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/l1070119.jpg>
Really could not have achieved this with too many other lens/format
combos.

Unfortunately the whole Mamiya Universal kit was stolen in Sante Fe
in 1988. I've been trying to find a good copy of that lens ever since.

On Jan 23, 2008, at 1:22 PM, amr3@uwm.edu wrote:

>  I've got a 75mm f/3.5 Tessar in
> helical mount (no shutter) from something like a Mentor Reflex
> mounted on a
> Speed Graphic.  It gives a circular image on 4x5 but without fisheye
> distortion.  I've also taken elements out of cheap preset lenses
> just to play
> around with the resulting odd effects.

Fond regards,
George