Subject: [Leica] Img: Red Tail Hawk
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 14:08:44 2008

Leonard Taupier <len-1@comcast.net> wrote:

> I think the cyan is CA. I see it very frequently on out of focus
> branch edges against a high contrast sky. It doesn't seem to matter
> which camera makes or lenses. It's most visible on very large
> enlargements which this is.
>
> Thanks for looking and for your comments,
> Len
>

> On Jan 23, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Lottermoser George wrote:
>
>> Nice "pose"
>> strange cyan edges on things?
>>
>> On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Leonard Taupier wrote:
>>

>>> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/Birds/255L0986_Hawk.jpg.html>
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/327ne2

Len, I won't be able to look at your photo until this evening but given the
mega-multi-element optical system (zoom plus extender) the cyan fringe
might also be flare.  It would be interesting to see if this effect can be
duplicated with an f/6.8 Telyt, which has only two air/glass surfaces.

I don't see it in this photo (SL/560 Telyt/K200)

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/rtha01.jpg

but then this picture isn't enlarged/cropped much.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Img: Red Tail Hawk)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Img: Red Tail Hawk - fringing)