Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon D300
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Jan 25 12:03:54 2008

Hi Steve,

The viewfinders of the D300 and D200 are fairly bright, brighter then
the Canon 5D and 1Ds MkII. Not quite the brightness of the Leica R8.
Information in the viewfinder like shutter speed and aperture are
excellent, much, much better then the Canons. Almost impossible to
see data in the Canon finder in sunlight, no problem with the Nikons.

Leica R lens can't be used on any of the Nikons because the mount to
film plane is nearly identical. No adapters for infinity focus. You
need to go Canon or 4/3rds to use R glass.

As far as body ergonomics and button placement goes, the Nikons are
much better then my Canons.

Regards,
Men