Subject: [Leica] small range finder for cycling
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 26 16:33:53 2008

> Sorry Mark,
> But that's not a rangefinder. It's a point and shoot.
> Nothing wrong with that but certainly no rangefinder.
> And then the Panasonic version is way cheaper.
>
> cheers,
>
> Michiel Fokkema

Maybe but its not an SLR and you can focus it manually what would the
rangefinder mechanism have which would be such a big deal?

One of my favorite cameras lately has been my CV Bessa L;
With a 25mm Scopar snapshot lens on it.

Oh there's not rangefinder in it! Big deal! Maybe I'll throw it out.

The influx of point and shoots with the Canon Sure shot got people taking
pictures with 35mm film and looking at it through a little window at the
side. No more disk cameras. And if these were not rangefinder cameras
working with triangulation they were darned  close.
Then they went digital
Big deal.

What got me knowing I had to try using a Leica M camera 15 years ago was my
use of a Rollei 35.
And a Fuji point and shoot.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com