Subject: [Leica] American Landscape
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (geebee)
Date: Sun Jan 27 00:42:52 2008

From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr@gmail.com>

> Lasyone's Restaurant
>
> http://www.sonc.com/lasyones.htm
> --

Hi Sonny,

I love this shot. Its overall 'warmth', the intimacy of the couple, the
industry of the waitresses, the flag, the composition.
Everything. I can't ever remember lingering over a shot so long or
revisiting a shot so many times  before. I find it
spellbinding. To weave that kind of magic from everyday elements is
impressive indeed.

Maybe I am the only one so affected by this shot but I find it a little sad
that such a wonderful shot triggered less discussion
about the photograph and more about what sounds like a
couple of disbarred lawyers 'Gumbo and Grits'.

Oh well that's the LUG :-)

--Graham